Thursday, June 7, 2012

Practice



There's going to be an inter-department basketball tournament in the next 2 weeks. So I borrowed a ball from Ryan and I'm going to dribble while jogging for the next 2 weeks (hopefully I won't wake people up and get screwed...)
As I was doing my work earlier, the thought of my career came to mind. I reckon I'm pretty happy with where I am. I'm no big shot in the organization I work for, but that organization empowers me to do my job, and that in return gives me job satisfaction. And I believe that it isn't about how high up you go outside, but rather your inner self - do you continue to learn and develop or do you stay stagnant? I'm sure we all know the saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side..." The continuation, "... That's because there's a lot of shit under the grass." So end of day, it's really about self fulfillment. We've got to ask ourselves what can we do to make the best out of the current situation, and most of the time, these life changing events occur when we least expect them to.
So the answer I gave to my colleague who asked me the question, "Aren't you going to push forward and achieve more?" was... I am happy with what I am doing now. Sometimes we push ourselves to achieve something, and after achieving it we still feel empty inside, and then we continue to pursue other worldly things and still not feel content after getting them. The secret to it really, is we're already blessed with all the happiness and contentment that life has to offer. And it's really what's on the inside that count.
2220... I am going to go for a jog now. I wish you a good night's rest. May the stress and tension be taken away from you through sleep, and the thought of tomorrow brings hope and courage. Sweet dreams :) Signing off @ home

No comments:

Post a Comment